Saturday, June 16, 2012

Girls With Slingshots

Girls With Slingshots is one of my favorite webcomics. I think I came across it while doing the "I really don't want to be doing what I should be doing" dance across the internet, clicking links and going where they take me, and clicking more links. 
It took me a few days to go through all the comics, but I got though all of them, and, as I was reading, I came across this:
It's in the middle of the story, and unless you've read the rest, it doesn't make all that much sense. But that's not the point.
The point is.
That dress.
That green dress of "DEAR SWEET JESUS I WANT IT"
As soon as I saw it, I knew that I "had" to have it.
It is times like these that I love being able to sew, and, being so good at winging it without a pattern. 

So what was I to do?

Psht. Make it, of course. 

Last Saturday, that's exactly what I did. 

I got to use my "new" serger, given to me as a hand-me-down by my grandmother. 
I finally figured out how to work it, and I GOT TO USE IT ON THE KNIT FABRIC. 

I spent a lot of Saturday yelling "I HAVE SO MANY SERGER FEELINGS" to my family. 

It was a good time. 

'SPECIALLY NOW THAT I HAVE MY OWN VERSION OF JAMIE'S DRESS


Pictures of me wearing it shall be forthcoming... whenever I get around to taking a decent picture. haha

à bientôt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment