Sunday, June 3, 2012

Corsetting

A few nights ago, I got a text from my friend, Lindsay, asking if I was doing anything on Saturday.
She suggested we start a sewing project we had been planning since last summer:

Corsets.

I met her at the local Joann, and we bought patterns, one that we (mostly) made Saturday, one that we're saving for a later date. (The ones we are saving for a later date are more like steampunky waist-cinchers, the ones we did today we plan on wearing to the Ren Faire.)

We had no clue what we were getting ourselves in to.
Goofy Lindsay is goofy.

From about 1:30 to 9, we pretty much continuously worked on these goshdarn corsets.
Linsday sewing dilligently

I hope it ends up being worth it-- specifically, my many trials in this corset-making venture. 

First, I neglected to follow the seam allowances, because that's how I tend to roll. I'm quite stubborn.
I had to sew every seam TWICE, to make each seam allowance bigger. *sigh*
Then, I realized that I had sewn in one of the panels backwards. (thankfully, it was before I sewed in the second seams. Crisis averted.)

Me, being extremely goofy with my half a corset.

I think this will be worth it, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment